Taste of Hope is an annual fundraiser that provides critical operating funds for programming. We are celebrating many years of success in lifting Berks County families and youth out of the unimaginable circumstance of homelessness. Please join us at the Doubletree in Reading, 701 Penn Street, Reading 19601 on Thursday September 28th, 2017 from 5:30-8:30 pm. The event will include a sit-down dinner, cash bar, live testimonials, auctions and more. We would be honored to include you in our evening of celebration. Together we can make a difference!
Click here for why sponsorship is so important, sponsorship levels and sponsorship commitment form. See the list of sponsors that are already supporting Family Promise!
Tickets are $65. To get yours
- Click here to purchase tickets online
- Call our office at 610-373-3323
- Purchase in person at our office at 325 N 5th Street, Reading, PA 19601
- Purchase in person at Tina’s Salon and Day Spa, 404 Penn Avenue, West Reading, PA 19611
- Purchase from a board member or a coordinator at one of our host congregations
by The L.O.V.E Team
Fall into Fashion “A fabulous excuse to do something great”
Join us at the Neag Planetarium on Wednesday October 4th for an unforgettable fashion show that will feature West Reading boutiques on the runway, raffles, refreshments, and more!
The Giving Goes Glam Fashion Show will be held at the Neag Planetarium on the grounds of the Reading Public Museum. Satisfy your palate with the many “tastes” of West Reading that will be offered before the show and try your luck to win one of the fabulous raffle prizes. Cocktail hour begins at 5:30 pm with the fashion show beginning at 6:30 pm.
Tickets are $40 and are available at your favorite West Reading boutiques and online at loveteam.eventbrite.com.
For youth in Grades 7-12 and their adult advisors
Hosted by Immanuel United Church of Christ – 99 S Waverly St. Shillington
Friday, October 27 @ 7:30pm through Saturday, October 28 @ 8am
- To gain a greater awareness of what homelessness looks like and how we can respond as individuals and community.
- To fundraise for programs that serve teenagers who find themselves without a reliable place to call “home”.
Activities:(including but not limited to…)
- Create cardboard shelters in which we will sleep on the IUCC campus.
- Simulation games that highlight the varying causes and situations of homelessness
- Prepare items to be shared with the community on Oct 28 at the Walk To The Bridge event @ Queen City Sleep outside in a cardboard box to gain a greater awareness of what homelessness looks like and how we can respond as individuals and community.
Click here for sign up form.
Dear Family Promise Supporters,
I am excited to welcome our new Executive Director Elise Chesson to Family Promise of Berks County! Elise started on Monday, 4/3/17, and already has many ideas to nurture the programs we offer and expand the help that Family Promise can offer to the community. Her enthusiasm and energy will inspire us all.
We appreciate your continued support of Family Promise and especially in this time of transition. Please continue to pray for the Family Promise mission as we move forward.
Family Promise of Berks County